Top 10 Best Project Management Software & Tools 2023
Finding a project management software that meets a long list of requirements can be challenging due to the numerous options available. With varying strengths and weaknesses, not all software will have all the desired features, and some may have unnecessary additional ones. It is crucial to prioritize essential features, compare and test different options, and weigh the cost-benefit before deciding. Effective project management ensures that projects are completed on time and meet their goals. PM software tools make it easy to plan, delegate tasks and maintain team organization.
Here are the 10 Best Project Management Software you can find on the Market
Choosing the right one can be challenging with an abundance of project management options available, with varying costs, plans, and features. To simplify the decision-making process, we comprehensively evaluated top providers and determined the best project management software for small businesses in 2023.
The above”best of” list was carefully curated from over 50 project management software commonly used by small businesses. In determining the inclusions, we took into consideration several factors, such as:
- Cost and Fees. Keeping a tight budget in mind, we selected project management software options priced at under $8 per month per user to suit the needs of small businesses.
- Ease of use. The software options included in this list are designed to be user-friendly and easy for anyone on your team to learn with minimal tech training. They offer features like pre-built templates to simplify the learning process. To use with minimal tech training. The software options on this list provide tools to keep the learning curve manageable, such as pre-built templates.
- Features and Functionality: In choosing the project management software for this list, we evaluated their ability to provide standard project management features (such as Kanban and Gantt charts), and the capability to tailor the experience to meet specific business needs requirements, including through integrations or automation tools. charts) and customize the project management experience to your company’s needs via integrations or automation tools.
- Customer reviews. There is nothing more telling when assessing a purchase choice than what other customers who have used it think. We chose project management software options with a minimum of 3.5-star ratings across their customer bases.
- Customer support. Implementing new software into company processes can raise questions, so we prioritized solutions with adequate customer support to resolve these challenges efficiently.
How To Choose Project Management Software for Your Team
When selecting a project management system, it’s essential to determine your budget first. Many project management software solutions charge per-user, so consider how many individuals will use the software and calculate the cost per person based on your monthly or yearly budget.
After determining your budget, create a list of essential features for your team to complete projects. Consider the technical expertise of your team when making this list. If your team requires drag-and-drop builders, pre-made templates, and a wide range of integrations, choose software with those features. However, if your team is tech-savvy, you may opt for software that provides an API for custom app building.
Consider the specific needs of your project and company when creating a list of unique features you may require. For instance, do you require integration with tools like Trello or Asana? Or do you need project management software that can assist with invoicing clients or facilitate collaboration with external teams on documents? Based on these requirements, choose a software that offers the necessary features.
Finally, list the best project management software options that meet your established criteria by researching “best project management software”. Evaluate these options by testing their free versions or using free trials. Invite a representative group of your employees to try the software and provide feedback on their preferred options and reasoning. This will help you determine the best fit for your team.