Project Status Report Template for Project Managers
This Project Report Template will help you communicate the status of your project to your staff and stakeholders.
Project Reports enable you to inform people regularly of the project’s progress and raise any items for their attention.
This Project Status Report lets you tell your team whether the project is on track and likely to finish within schedule.
Buy and Download the Project Status Report Template
Buy and download this template to jumpstart your project immediately. By purchasing now, you also receive the “Project Management Guidebook” at no extra cost!
★ The Project Status Report Template is exclusively available for purchase as part of the Project Execution Phase Template Kit. Alternatively, explore our comprehensive collection of Project Management Templates (50+ kit) designed for Project Managers.
Key Benefits of Using This Project Status Report Template
- Project Schedule. Is it on time? When is it likely to finish?
- Project Budget. Are your expenses within budget?
- Project Staffing. How much effort has been used to date?
- Project Deliverables. Have they met the quality targets set?
- Project Risks. Will any risks likely affect the project?
- Project Issues. Are any issues impacting the project?
Included in this Project Status Report Template
- Document the overall status of the project
- Keep stakeholders regularly informed of the progress of the project
- Raise risks and issues with stakeholders and seek their assistance
- Keep your team well informed of the progress made to date
- Ensure that all project successes are communicated
Completing a regular Project Status Report is a core project management activity. It lets you keep staff on track, inform management of your progress, and seek guidance when needed. It also helps you to pull the entire team together to focus on delivering the project on time and within budget.
Sneak Peek of our Project Status Report Template
What is a Project Status Report?
A Project Status Report is a type of Project Report used by teams to communicate the status of a project. The Project Report is distributed regularly, telling stakeholders whether the project is on track. The Project Report specifies whether the project is ahead of schedule, under budget, and adequately resourced. The Project Report is one of the critical tools used to ensure success.
When do I use a Project Status Report?
Project Reports are used when you need to communicate the status of a project. You typically complete Project Reports every week and ensure they are sent to all your project stakeholders. Make sure that the information in your Project Report is accurate and up-to-date. Only include information in the Project Report that you think is relevant to your sponsors. Ensure you cover all aspects of your project status within your Project Report. This Project Report template will help you complete your Project Reports regularly.