Google Sheets Pricing Plans & Costs Guide
Google Sheets is a web-based spreadsheet application part of the Google Workspace productivity tool. It provides features for data management and analysis, visualization, and collaboration. Google Sheets pricing plans are scalable to meet a range of work specifications.
How Much Does Google Sheets Cost?
Google Sheets pricing is competitive and reasonable for a range of users. The free Google Sheets plan is part of the Google Docs Editors suite within the Google Drive service. It offers users a solid spreadsheet functionality with real-time accessibility and cross-device sync. However, the paid plans available through Google Workspace unlock more collaboration features beyond spreadsheet functionality. Google Sheets through Google Workspace offers a 14-day free trial of the paid plans to familiarize users with the tool and its features. The five Google Sheets pricing plans are:
- Free – ideal for individuals or small teams needing basic spreadsheet functionality
- Business Starter ($6 per user, per month) – suitable for small businesses that are getting started before scaling usage of other collaboration tools
- Business Standard ($12 per user, per month) – for small to medium-sized teams
- Business Plus ($18 per user, per month) – best for medium to large-sized organizations
- Enterprise (Contact Google) – ideal for large enterprises with complex
If Google Sheets is limited for your project management and team requirements, consider AceProject as an alternative. With AceProject, scaling up is easy because pricing does not depend on a per-user basis.
Google Sheets Free Plan
Google Sheets Free plan is for individuals, small teams, and solo entrepreneurs who need the basic features of data management and analysis, visualization, and collaboration.
INCLUDED IN FREE:
- Create spreadsheets and develop other content using Google Docs, Slides, and Forms
- Online storage space of up to 15GB per user via Drive
- Send spreadsheets and other emails using Gmail
- Video and voice conferences of up to 100 participants via Meet
- Online resources for self-help and community discussion boards
Google Sheets Business Starter Plan ($6 per user per month)
Google Sheets Business Starter plan is ideal for small to medium-sized companies. It has more cloud storage, email customization, security protocols, and standard support. It costs $6 per user per month billed annually or $7.20 per user billed monthly. Depending on the user’s location, a 10% discount may be offered for first-time subscribers.
EVERYTHING IN FREE, AND:
- Online storage space of up to 30GB per user
- Email customization with your business branding
- Security and management controls
- Google Workspace Standard Support
Google Sheets Business Standard Plan ($12 per user per month)
The Business Standard plan offers enhanced capabilities for medium to large-sized companies that require more storage, file sharing, administrative control, and scalability for support. Google Sheets Business Standard plan costs $12 per user per month billed annually, or $14.40 per user billed monthly. Depending on the user’s location, a 10% discount may be offered for first-time subscribers.
EVERYTHING IN BUSINESS STARTER, AND:
- Online storage space of up to 2TB per user
- Drive sharing for the whole team
- Video and voice conferences of up to 150 participants, with recording capabilities
- Control network resources, setup, and group-based security policies using Admin
- Google Workspace Standard Support (upgradable to Google Workspace Enhanced Support)
Google Sheets Business Plus Plan ($18 per user per month)
Google Sheets Business Plus plan is for medium to large-sized organizations that call for expanded functionalities. These are additional storage, data retention, and advanced management control across all devices. The Google Sheets Business Plus plan costs $18 per user per month billed annually, or $21.60 billed monthly.
EVERYTHING IN BUSINESS STANDARD, AND:
- Online storage space of up to 5TB per user
- eDiscovery and data retention using Vault
- Video and voice conferences of up to 500 participants, with attendance-tracking
- Advanced security and management controls, including advanced endpoint management
Google Sheets Enterprise Plan (Contact Google)
Google Sheets Enterprise plan is suitable for large enterprises that need flexibility. It unlocks email encryption, noise cancellation, and in-domain live streaming features. It also has enterprise endpoint management, data loss prevention, and enhanced customer support.
EVERYTHING IN BUSINESS PLUS, AND:
- Online storage space of up to 5TB per user (Contact Google for additional storage space)
- Secure email messages using S/MIME encryption
- Video and voice conferences of up to 1000+ participants, with noise cancellation and live streaming functionalities
- Advanced security and management controls, including DLP, data regions, and enterprise endpoint management
- Google Workspace Enhanced Support (upgradable to Google Workspace Premium Support)
Google Sheets Features Across All Plans
Google Sheets included in all the pricing plans offer consistent spreadsheet functionality. AI features allow users to get insights to help them make meaningful business decisions. Sheets lets users analyze data automatically through the Explore function. It also has sorting, filtering, and visualization options like charts and graphs.
Google Sheets enables frictionless collaboration and information sharing so teams can collaborate seamlessly. It has a template gallery and macro automation for users to record and replay UI actions for repetitive tasks. It also provides enterprise-grade security, allowing users to manage permissions through individual-level, group-level, or domain-level access.
Sheets supports over 400 spreadsheet functions and is compatible with external systems, including Microsoft Office. It allows users to import many different file types into Google Sheets format, including Excel, CSV, and plain text.
Google Sheets freely available in the Google Docs Editors suite and paid Google Workspace plans, are reasonably priced. It is an accessible spreadsheet and business productivity software. The free plan provides the core spreadsheet functionality and integration with other Google services. This allows smaller teams and early-stage businesses to get up and running at no cost.
As your business scales and your needs become more complex, the limitations of the free plan will likely become constraints. At that point, upgrading to a paid Google Workspace subscription unlocks additional capabilities that are critical for larger, established companies. The expanded features afforded by paid tiers take your sheet-based workflows to the next level. Before committing from among Google Sheets pricing plans, take some time to read our Google Sheets: Top 10 Cons and Disadvantages.
Suggested article: Google Sheets: The Game-Changer in Collaboration