Mailchimp Pricing Plans & Costs Guide
Mailchimp is an email marketing platform that allows users to create, send, and analyze email campaigns. It offers features such as audience management, automation, and integration with third-party apps. It also provides reporting, analytics, templates, design tools, and A/B testing.
How Much Does Mailchimp Cost?
Mailchimp pricing plans vary based on the number of contacts and features a user will need. It usually provides a free version with basic features for users with a small audience. Paid plans start at different price points, offering more advanced features and scaling based on the contact list size. In this article, the minimum number of contacts is set to 500. Mailchimp pricing plans are the following:
- Free – ideal for individuals crafting email campaigns with a need to gain deeper insights into their customers
- Essentials ($13 per month) – for small teams who need timely delivery of relevant content to their customers through testing and scheduling capabilities
- Standard ($20 per month) – for teams who need to boost sales further through customization, optimization tools, and improved automation
- Premium ($350 per month) – for growing enterprises with exclusive onboarding, limitless contacts, and top-priority support
Besides its marketing platform, Mailchimp has separate pricing for its Mailchimp Websites and Transactional Emails products.
If you need a cost-effective productivity tool for managing your client projects, try AceProject software. AceProject is a flexible tool with scalable plans that do not charge per user.
Mailchimp Free Plan
The Mailchimp Free plan is ideal for individuals with a single audience. It provides basic email marketing features such as simple segmentation, contact profiles, tags, inbox, and the Mailchimp mobile app.
INCLUDED IN FREE:
- Includes 1 seat and up to 500 contacts.
- Send a maximum of 1,000 emails per month with a daily limit of 500 sends.
- Provides an audience dashboard and surveys for audience insights.
- Includes campaign engagement, purchase behavior, a 1-month app engagement, and site view website engagement.
- Content Studio design tool and basic email templates.
- The creative Assistant tool is used to publish custom email designs from Mailchimp.
- Marketing channels include emails, landing pages, social postings, postcards, and pop-up forms.
- A single-step classic automation builder and a free preview of the customer journey builder.
- Basic reporting facility.
- Personalized product recommendations, next best action, subject line helper, and more than 300 app integrations.
- Access to online guides and tutorials plus email support is available only for the first 30 days.
Mailchimp Essentials Plan ($13 per month)
The Mailchimp Essentials plan is suitable for small teams. It offers features like A/B testing, custom branding, and more advanced analytics. The Mailchimp Essentials plan begins at $6.50 per month for the first 12 months and then costs $13 per month for the succeeding months of subscription.
EVERYTHING IN FREE, PLUS:
- Includes up to 3 users with Owner and Admin roles.
- Additional contacts cost $385 per month add-on payment, with up to 50,000 maximum contact count.
- Monthly email sends of up to 10x the plan’s contact limit.
- Includes 3 audiences for the marketing CRM.
- Pre-built templates and the removal of the Mailchimp branding.
- Scheduled email campaigns.
- A customer journey builder and A/B testing.
- Includes email, and live chat support.
Mailchimp Standard Plan ($20 per month)
The Mailchimp Standard plan presents even more advanced features. These are retargeting ads, custom templates, and in-depth reporting. It is suitable for businesses with larger subscriber lists and a need for comprehensive email marketing tools. The Mailchimp Standard plan begins at $10 per month for the first 12 months and then costs $20 per month for the succeeding months of subscription.
EVERYTHING IN ESSENTIALS, PLUS:
- Includes up to 5 users with Owner, Admin, Author, and Viewer roles.
- Additional contacts cost $800 per month add-on payment, up to 100,000 maximum contact count.
- Monthly email sends of up to 12x the plan’s contact limit.
- Includes 5 audiences and advanced segmentation.
- Predicted demographics, customer lifetime value, purchase likelihood, and address finder.
- Includes 3 months of app engagement and page view website engagement.
- Custom-coded email templates and access to download user-created designs.
- Additional marketing channels that include social post scheduling, campaign management, retargeting Google Ads, and a marketing calendar.
- A multi-step classic automation builder with multiple starting points and branching points.
- Anomaly detection, comparative reporting, and multivariate testing.
- Campaign insights include content optimizer, dynamic content, send time optimization, and delivery by time zone.
- Includes 1 session of personalized onboarding.
Mailchimp Premium Plan ($350 per month)
The Mailchimp Premium plan is perfect for large enterprises with extensive marketing needs. It includes more features such as phone support, advanced segmentation, and multivariate testing. The pricing depends on the number of subscribers and email volume. Mailchimp Premium plan begins at $175 per month for the first 12 months and then costs $350 per month for the succeeding months of subscription.
EVERYTHING IN STANDARD, PLUS:
- Includes an unlimited number of users with Owner, Admin, Author, Manager, and Viewer roles.
- Custom contact count (contact Intuit).
- Monthly email sends of up to 15x the plan’s contact limit
- Includes an unlimited number of audiences.
- Includes 18 months of app engagement and page view website engagement.
- Includes 4 sessions of personalized onboarding and phone support
Mailchimp is a versatile marketing platform with many features and benefits for businesses. All of its paid plans come with robust email marketing capabilities. The platform provides various integrations and multi-channel support for its paid plans, including phone support for Premium plan users.
There are Mailchimp pricing plans for various users and business needs. The ideal Mailchimp plan varies based on the user’s needs and business requirements. Companies with a small audience or those in the early stages of email marketing can take advantage of the free plan. An upgrade may answer the need for advanced features and expanded subscriber lists. It is best to assess your needs to ensure your chosen plan aligns with your evolving email marketing strategy.
In comparison to its competitors, Mailchimp tailored its pricing plans to meet the needs of both small and large businesses. However, some potential disadvantages of Mailchimp include the need to purchase add-ons for certain features, such as SMS marketing, and the fact that some features and functionality may vary by plan type. Although Mailchimp has a free plan, it has limited features and its pricing for larger contact lists can be relatively high compared to some competitors. You can read our Top 10 Cons or Disadvantages of Using Mailchimp for additional information.