Power BI Pricing Plans & Costs Guide
Power BI is a powerful business analytics tool that enables the sharing of insights. It can transform raw data into insightful, interactive visualization reports. It facilitates data preparation, exploration, and collaboration by transforming raw data into meaningful information. Understanding Power BI pricing plans is crucial for organizations.
If you need comprehensive online project management software for your business, consider AceProject. It is an affordable business tool with a range of plans that are not priced per user.
If you are using Asana, Basecamp, or Trello, check out Bridge24. This professional reporting and exporting tool works with your PM app and includes advanced filters, reports, and interactive charts for your analytics needs.
How Much Does Power BI Cost?
Power BI plans include robust features and flexibility, making it easy for larger enterprises to scale up. It provides advanced analysis for businesses with a range of needs. The Power BI pricing plans are:
- Power BI Pro ($10 per user, per month) – for individual users and small teams emphasizing collaboration and sharing of insights and dashboards within the organization
- Power BI Premium ($20 per user, per month) – for larger enterprises needing dedicated capacity and resources to support heavy usage
Power BI Pro Plan ($10 per user per month)
The Power BI Pro plan is perfect for organizations with extensive data requirements and collaboration needs. It lets users collaborate with stakeholders through the sharing and exporting of reports. Power BI Pro also includes access to a broader range of data connectors. Users have more flexibility, making it suitable for businesses with growing analytical demands. It is currently included in the subscription to Microsoft 365 E5. Power BI Pro plan costs $10 per user per month billed monthly.
INCLUDED IN PRO:
- Up to 1GB model memory size limit.
- A refresh rate of 8 per day.
- Consists of a maximum storage of up to 10GB per user.
- Publish compelling data visualizations based on evidence.
- Share discoveries with internal and external team members with access rights as necessary.
- Promote collaboration via team comments, notifications, and content subscriptions.
- Use pre-built data visualizations and report templates to gain insights.
- Pin relevant content to keep essential analytics accessible.
- Ensure widespread visibility of valuable insights through administrative tools.
- Obtain quick answers using common commands in other BI tools, Excel, or Azure.
- Share insights with team members through familiar tools such as Microsoft Teams, Dynamics 365, and Power Platform.
- Encourage data exploration and insight sharing with other similar Microsoft technologies.
- Lessen the risk of data loss with role-specific data protection and row-level security.
- Follow local regulations on data residency, service delivery, access, and control through national clouds.
- Safeguard data to meet compliance with industry-specific standards and certifications.
Power BI Premium Plan ($20 per user per month)
Power BI Premium is for enterprises demanding high performance, dedicated cloud resources, and enhanced security features. It provides a dedicated capacity with consistent and reliable performance during peak usage. Power BI Premium also offers features like paginated reports, advanced AI capabilities, and increased data refresh rates. It is an attractive option for large-scale deployments with diverse data needs. Power BI Premium plan costs $20 per user per month billed monthly.
EVERYTHING IN PRO, PLUS:
- Up to 100GB model memory size limit.
- A refresh rate of 48 per day.
- Includes a maximum storage of up to 100TB per user.
- Advanced self-service data preparation to unlock insights from big data sources.
- Enable self-service with low-code data marts for more analytical power.
- Streamline data management and access for improved efficiency.
- Leverage the advantages of self-service Business Intelligence for enhanced analytical capabilities.
- Enhanced publishing efficiency and accuracy.
- Access content conveniently through the Power BI mobile app.
- Create and share enterprise data with Power BI’s datamart to save time and facilitate digital transformation for organizations.
- Perform relational database analytics with a straightforward experience using Power Query or SQL.
- Create, secure, govern, and manage data marts while focusing on essential insights.
Power BI Mobile
Power BI Mobile lets users access live Power BI dashboards and reports on any device. Connect to company data stored on-premises or in the cloud. Track your business’s Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and view a comprehensive overview of your mobile device. Users can add notes to reports to highlight insights to the team. Notably, Power BI Mobile provides a mobile view of reports so users can share and understand company data on the go.
Power BI Desktop
Power BI Desktop is a free, interactive data visualization and reporting tool. It lets users connect to hundreds of data sources, including on-premises, cloud-based, and Excel. It includes tools for preparing and modeling data to simplify data warehousing. Access advanced analytics using features like quick measures, forecasting, and clustering.
New AI capabilities help users discover insights without coding. Create stunning, interactive reports with drag-and-drop canvases and visuals. The design is customizable with themes, formatting, and layouts. Publish reports to the cloud or on-premises and embed them into existing apps. Users can distribute and access analytics anywhere by combining Power BI Desktop and Power BI Pro. Power BI users can access insights on any device through collaboration, sharing, and publishing.
Microsoft offers a range of capable and relatively affordable Power BI pricing plans to suit varied business intelligence needs. The plans provide a range of valuable features suitable for individuals, workgroups, and enterprise-level deployments. Power BI is a cost-effective self-service analytics tool that provides valuable insights.
When choosing from Power BI pricing plans, consider the number of users, amount of data storage, data refresh rate, demand for advanced analytics, and breadth of organizational use. Power BI Pro can provide value to those creating content for broader corporate reuse. Conversely, Power BI Premium is ideal for scaled deployments that rely on consistent analytical performance.
Power BI is a unified, scalable platform for self-service and enterprise business intelligence. It is a powerful and versatile tool to help business improve their data analysis and decision-making processes. However, it’s also essential to consider its limitations and disadvantages when comparing it to other BI tools. For a more balanced perspective, check out our Top 10 Cons & Disadvantages of using Power BI.