Basecamp Pricing Plans & Costs Guide
Basecamp is a web-based project management tool that enables businesses and teams to stay organized, streamline their workflow, increase productivity, collaborate, and communicate effectively. Basecamp is a comprehensive platform that provides all the features you need in a project management tool regardless of the budget and use case of the business. It offers a free trial for 30 days for you to try out its features and capabilities.
However, for larger organizations that require more storage space and many users and clients that can access the tool, Basecamp offers paid plans and discounts that will be the focus of this article.
If you need an advanced reporting and exporting platform to boost Basecamp’s capabilities, consider Bridge24 for Basecamp.
How Much Does Basecamp Cost?
Basecamp’s pricing offer is simple and flexible. Organizations can choose from these plans considering their budget, size, and specific needs. The three pricing plans of Basecamp include the following:
- Basecamp Team ($89/month billed annually or $99/month billed monthly) – suitable for small teams of up to 10 users, with allowable storage space of 2TB, but without client access
- Basecamp Business ($179/month billed annually or $199/month billed monthly) – ideal for flourishing businesses of up to 10 users and an unlimited number of clients
- Basecamp Unlimited ($269/month billed annually or $299/month billed monthly) – perfect for larger companies that can have an unlimited number of users and clients, and storage space of up to 5TB
Note: As of writing this article, Basecamp is offering the Unlimited plan at a Limited Time Offer of $199/month every month or $179/month, billed annually at $2,149.
If you find the pricing for Basecamp too costly for your budget, see if AceProject suits you. The price for this tool does not depend on the number of users, so you may find this more affordable.
Basecamp Team ($89/month billed annually)
Basecamp Team plan costs $89 per month when billed annually or $99 per month when billed monthly and includes 2TB of storage space. The Team plan is fit for small teams that require a simple yet effective project management tool. This plan is for organizations of up to 10 users without client or guest access support.
INCLUDED IN TEAM:
- Mobile App – Basecamp is available on mobile devices, making it easy for users to stay updated with project information, tasks, and messages even when on the go.
- Messages – Skip forwarding email messages by having conversations on one topic, customizing, embedding images or files, and sending messages only to the right people.
- Real-time Chat – A real-time group chat with sounds, video, emoji, and chat rooms to have as much as you want, enabling you to attach files, quotes, and code samples, plus using @mention to call the attention of people.
- To-do Lists – Create unlimited lists and sub-lists, add notes and attachments, and assign tasks to team members.
- Hill Charts – Track progress and get a visual view of the whole project.
- Card Table – Easily prioritize tasks and workflows, and manage projects by organizing them on cards similar to the Kanban board.
- Schedules – Set up events, date and time ranges, notifications, and easy integration with Google Calendar/iCal/Outlook.
- Documents – Create and store documents, files, and images necessary to the organization.
- Automatic Check-ins – Do away with hours of status meetings and just keep everyone informed through questions and answers while recording user responses over time.
- The Lineup – Get a holistic view of your projects from start to finish.
- Doors – Integrate Basecamp easily with other services or third-party tools you use.
- Cloud Support – Share files from Adobe, Airtable, Dropbox, Figma, Google, and more.
- Advanced Security – Includes two-factor authentication and SSL/TLS encryption, ensuring that all project data is secure and protected from unauthorized access.
- 24/7/365 Top-notch Support – Basecamp provides short tutorial videos, help guides for basic information and mastering the tool, live classes, and human customer representatives who are always there to answer your inquiries.
- 2TB of storage space
Basecamp Business ($179/month billed annually)
Basecamp Business plan costs $179 per month when billed annually or $199 per month when billed monthly and also includes 2TB of storage space. The Business plan is suitable for small teams with a growing number of clients and allows you to manage unlimited projects. This plan is for organizations of up to 10 users, with unlimited guests and clients, for easier collaboration.
EVERYTHING IN TEAM, PLUS:
- Unlimited and innovative guest and client access.
Basecamp Unlimited ($269/month billed annually)
Basecamp Unlimited plan costs $269 per month when billed annually or $299 per month when billed monthly and includes 5TB of storage space. The Unlimited plan is perfect for larger teams with seamless collaboration by offering a centralized platform where team members can communicate and share files. Team members can also comment on each other’s work, get feedback, and collaborate seamlessly. This plan gives free access to unlimited users, guests and clients.
EVERYTHING IN BUSINESS, PLUS:
- Unlimited users, guests, and clients
- 5TB of storage space
Basecamp also offers discounts to specific groups of users. Teachers and students at K-12 schools or universities can use Basecamp for free for classroom work, provided they sign up and email Basecamp verifying their status. Qualified non-profit organizations can receive a 10% discount by signing up for Basecamp and emailing a copy of their 501(c)(3) paperwork to Basecamp for verification.
The program only applies to one account, and payments made before the discount started are non-refundable. Basecamp may end the discount program if there is chronic abuse of free accounts, but current participants will continue to receive discounts. Everyone can try Basecamp for 30 days for free without providing credit card information.
In conclusion, Basecamp offers different pricing plans that depend on the budget, storage space requirements, and the number of users and clients of the organization. All pricing plans enjoy Basecamp’s features and benefits, from basic to advanced project management features. The project management software is suitable for teams of all sizes, from small to large organizations. It can help managers set clear goals, track project progress, streamline communication, enhance project organization, and simplify collaboration, ensuring that teams stay productive and efficient. Before making your decision, please look at our Basecamp Pros and Cons.